The requirements for using and maintaining a building derived from good practice, legislation, or the instructions for the building's use and maintenance.
The owner must ensure that the building and its use comply with the requirements of the legislation.
The building's use is subject to obtaining the necessary permits and providing the required notifications and notices.
Requirements for the building include:
- mechanical resistance and stability;
- fire safety;
- hygiene, health, and the environment;
- safety of use and accessibility, including evacuation and rescue needs of people from the building and the operational chart;
- protection against noise;
- energy saving and efficiency;
- sustainable use of natural resources;
- the specific needs of people with disabilities;
- performance and interoperability of the building and compatibility;
- the requirements deriving from use and occupation, i.e., condition requirements, including maintenance requirements;
- the marking of the construction works and its location.
Last updated: 06.04.2021