General principles of the CE marking:
- Only the manufacturer or his authorized representative affixes the CE marking to the product.
- The CE marking shall be affixed only to those products for which it is intended.
- By affixing or having affixed the CE marking to a product, the manufacturer indicates that he takes responsibility for the product's conformity with all the requirements imposed.
- The CE marking shall consist of the initials "CE" in the following format:
If the CE marking is increased or reduced, the proportions shown in the figure are maintained.
- Unless specific legislation lays down particular dimensions, the CE marking must be at least 5 mm high.
- The affixing on a product of markings, inscriptions, or lettering that is likely to mislead as to the CE marking's meaning or form shall be prohibited. Other markings may be affixed to the product provided that the visibility, legibility, and comprehensibility of the CE marking are not thereby reduced.
- The CE marking shall be affixed only to products for which the obligation to affix the CE marking is laid down in the relevant Directives (EU harmonized requirements).
Last updated: 06.04.2021